Friday, November 14, 2008

Thrilling mornings

Started the day at the top of Mt. Tabor Park. It was a wet and grey morning, but I couldn't get over how good it felt to be up and so high above Portland. Toby (the mutt) and I shot up the hill in the hopes of stumbling across the other dog-owners and their 4-legged masters. Sadly, I think we were too early. Only two rain-filled water bowls waiting for us at the top of about 60 near-vertical stairs.


We rounded the reservoir and up the hill behind it to a bench-lined ledge at the top. Portland is beautiful. Early mornings just after sunrise are beautiful, no matter how rainy.

Legs burned a bit coming back down the hill and stairs -- a reminder to get my ass to the gym. Dog collapsed in the middle of his hamburger-shaped bed while I got ready for work. Anxious to get home and lunch and see if the view from the mountain is as good in the afternoon hours.

2 comments:

emissjayiss said...

There you are, my love. I keep coming over to find you. I love to see what you´re writing, makes me feel closer to you. Although reading the blog about getting to walk and catch up with Tracey made me miss you so. Soon. Sooner than we know.

JoLee said...

Ditto the beautiful PDX, loved coming in on I-5 in the AM rounding the corner to see just the tops of the buildings in the sun above the fog. Even after 30 years... it really is gorgeous.