Friday, November 14, 2008

On the fence...

...well, not really on it -- more like working on it.

The gates (1 in back, 2 in front) around the driveway leading to the garage were looking a little ghetto. So, I decided I would take on the task of building replacements and installing them myself. Stop laughing -- I do have some home improvement skills.

I'll spare you the detailed stories of the dog getting loose while the gates were down, my learning how/how not to use a circular saw, and the neighbors laughter as I tinkered with the screw gun in the driveway alongside my house.

I spent 9 months thinking about it since moving in last October,

+$172 in lumber and hardware,

+ borrowed use of $400 in tools,

+ $150 screw gun,

+ 2 trips to Home Depot,

+ two weekends,


= project complete.

No comments: