Friday, November 14, 2008

I cannot wait

So it's 7 a.m. and still dark outside. There's a high-wind warning, it's pouring down rain and cold even inside sitting here on the couch. It's one of those cold mornings when the just-brewed coffee chills in the cup during the walk from the kitchen to the living room.

But all hope is not lost. I saw a forecast and it actually had three whole suns starting this Sunday. If you're not from the Pacific NW, then you may not fully appreciate the excitement this can cause.

I cannot wait for sunny 80 degree days in Portland. I want to drive to the beach with my windows down, hot enough to smell Summer in the air, but not hot enough to require the AC. I want to sit outside at any number of cafes and bars in my neighborhood. I want to walk my dog without us both having to wear raincoats (yes, he has one -- blue with reflective strips. Stop laughing!)

I want good times with friends late on Saturday nights, walking in-between trashy Gay bars and not getting drenched in the process. I want to work in my yard and have more to do than pressure-wash the green goo from my sidewalks and pull clumps of moss from my grass.

I want color to return to my skin. I want to wear bright colors, or at the very least, just look good wearing white. I want to wear sleeveless t's, shorts and flip-flops to work. (Yes, very Gay - I know. But I like it.)

Oregon Summer - I love you. I cannot wait for you to return.

No comments: