Friday, November 14, 2008

Chivalry

First, chivalry isn't dead.


Second, the finer art of being a gentleman isn't dead either.


We Gay men love to bitch. We complain often to our straight friends about how hard Gay love or life is -- even go so far as to use our bitching as the shaky common ground necessary when first meeting someone.


I know now more than ever that there is really little difference between straight and gay love. At the core of each one of us is the desire to be respected, and the opportunity and ability to be respectful of others. Critics can get laughs and cheers, but rarely find love.

Gay men - I love us. The more honest I am about my goals, standards, hopes and dreams, the more you share with me that you feel the same. You're beautiful. Your recognition of this fact will do more for the attraction of others than any pair of jeans, car, house, or job.

No comments: